Call for participation
The Linux Audio Mini-Conf @ LCA2005 will be held before linux.conf.au, Australia's national Linux conference, in April 2004 at the Australian National University in Canberra, Australia.
In keeping with the developer focus of linux.conf.au, this mini-conf will allow Linux audio developers to meet and share ideas, and also to discuss audio-related issues with the developers of the kernel, networking and desktop systems. For all users, this will be a great way to see and hear the variety of tools available.
Suggested topic areas include:
- Linux for Digital Audio Workstations and musical instruments
- low latency and reliable audio in the Linux kernel and userspace
- systems for connecting music, processing and control hardware
- core Linux audio subsystems: Jack, ALSA, LADSPA, etc.
- software synthesis and sequencing applications
- recording, editing and mastering applications
- audio file formats and codecs
- streaming and network services for audio
- telephony and speech technologies
- usability of music and audio applications
If you would like to present a technical session, please mail a brief abstract (100-300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20 2005.